Sunday, June 7, 2020

How To Increase Smartwatch Battery Life? | Tips Those Actually Work!!!


Top Tested Ways To Increase Smartwatch Battery Life:

Apple Smartwatch
Smartwatch

I personally use a smartwatch pretty much every day at my work. Although the smartwatch improved my productivity there is one thing that bothers me is How to increase this smartwatch battery life?

I did a little bit of research on this topic and here are some of the tips that I want to share with you! These are some of the Quick tips to increase the battery life: Decrease the Brightness, Diable Always on screen, Disable some of the tracking features, Turn of Unwanted Notifications, and Change the watch face. Let's find out more ways to solve this problem.

Brightness:

If you wear a smartwatch then one of the main problems you face is with is its battery life. One of the major things that affect your smartwatch battery life is ‘BRIGHTNESS’. So, when I am indoors I try to keep the brightness at medium level. So, that it adds a couple of more hours to the battery life. You can also try this method.

Always On Screen:

This is one of the best features that a smartwatch got, because whenever I am not using the smartwatch the screen on but it is dim though. The companies claim that in this mode the screen refresh rate decreases somehow let’s say if the refresh rate is around 60Hz then it reduces to 1Hz. However, when I turn off this feature you can’t believe but my smartwatch battery life increased dramatically, it added around 12 hours of battery life. I suggest you that just try this method…

Disable Notifications:

One of the most important contributions to draining the battery is the notifications. Yes! That’s right! If you have enabled this feature for all the apps in the watch as I did, then don’t expect your smartwatch to give a better battery backup. So, I disabled some of the social network apps notifications and Tada! There I got some more hours of extra battery life as compared to the earlier situations. This one totally depends on you because you’re one who will be knowing what all apps to keep.
Apple Smartwatch
Apple Smartwatch


Change the watch face:

Yes! Change the watch face. Just don’t think twice change it. Because most of the watch faces which look cool with all those different color combinations drain much more battery than those with a minimalistic look. I personally use minimalistic watch faces in which I just get the information about the time and nothing else. This will also help me to overcome distractions from all those extra information showed by those fancy watch faces. So, this is your call whether to keep a cool watch face or a minimalistic one.

Enable Power Saver Mode:

This is one of the best ways to increase the battery life of the smartwatch. I personally prefer this when I am not using the smartwatch. This does the same thing as it does in smartphones. It disconnects from all the connections, it restricts background apps and in turn, it increases battery life. So, try to enable this mode whenever you are not using the smartwatch.

Disable Tracking Features:

Finally, I don’t recommend you do this but, I find it helpful because most of the time smartwatch collects almost all the data which we even ever cared of. So, disabling some of the unwanted features will increase the battery life of the smartwatch. I personally turn off the Motion sensor feature. Because if I don’t the sensor will be on all the time monitoring my motions and whenever I simply rotate my wrist it shows up the time which is not needed for me.  

So, that's it. I will be updating the content of this article as I find new ways to increase the smartwatch battery life. keep visiting for updated content!

Like me, if you also find some of the features not worth draining your battery life then don't hesitate to turn them off. I hope I have tried to clear almost all the doubts regarding saving or increasing your battery life. Finally, don’t forget to check my list of smartwatches that are budget-friendly and have awesome features…

1 comment: